Indoor Market Carlow

Madilla

Anyone know anything about the indoor market in Carlow? Interested for someone who thinkin of going down to run stall selling home furnishings -curtains, cushion covers, bedlinen etc . Wondering what days it operates & what the footfall would be like?

If you're talking about the one on Tullow Street, it closed a number of months ago.

I think the market is located somewhere around the Athy roundabout in a warehouse. Maybe it is a new market. I assume the other one closed because of a lack of trade so if that the case wondering is the other one likely to be any better?

The market that closed was called the Penny Lane market, to be honest, it only lasted a few weeks and was full of junk. There's a Saturday morning car boot sale out the Athy side of town in the mart. Not been to it so can't comment. I'm not aware of any other indoor market in Carlow, which means if there is one, they're not advertising it very well

It seems it is new and next Sunday is first market. Supposedly great interest & most stalls taken. Also told it has been widely advertised in local press and newspapers.

Can't say I have noticed anything like that being advertised. I just had a look in the local notes of the Nationalist (the Carlow People's website seems to be on a go-slow) and I don't see anything in there about an indoor market on Sunday. If you want to have a check of the local media there

[broken link removed]

A bit more searching - this website seems to refer to Penny Lane being open still. I am not sure if that is the case as I agree with mpsox but it does give a contact number if you want to try it.

It seems it is new and next Sunday is first market. Supposedly great interest & most stalls taken. Also told it has been widely advertised in local press and newspapers.

Any connection with this? You seem to already know a lot about it for someone posting a question.

No connection at all. Nearly 3 hrs away so just trying to get some info on whether its likely to be worthwhile or not. Obviously the promoters going to be trying to give best possible picture but the reality might be different. Did ring no for Pennylane market & left voicemail yesterday but nobody has come back to me yet.

Back