Incorrect pension statements

E

Elcato

I have contibuted to a pension for over five years and during this time the figures I received from the pension company are vague and in most cases incorrect. Can I request to get all my payments from start to finish and is it realistic of me to think they should have all these figures to hand ? Also who should I complain to ? I'm now leaving this employer and hoping to bring the pension to my new one. Is it realistic to get full details in a month or so from these guys ? We have been promised all sorts of figures over the last year but as yet have not received much joy.

In the case of occupational schemes as long as you are contributing you are entitled to annual statements which should set out clearly the contributions made and the current transfer value of your fund. If you have concerns about the statements that you have been receiving then you should contact the pension company, the pension consultants (if your employer uses one), your HR department, the scheme trustees and/or the Pensions Board.

Back