incorrect order

galway_blow_in

i wont name the store in question but i ordered two different batches of floor tiles quite recently , i did not confirm the amount required in writing so all communication from my end was verbally in store

anyway , the sales person over ordered one batch and under ordered the other batch , the store has a no return of goods policy but they said they will take back the surplus tiles , i believe i should not have to pay extra for the batch which is 15% light , now the quote which was sent via email to me prior to my approving the order was itself short - 15% lower than i verbally stated was the amount i needed ( i only realised this when the tiler began fitting so admittedly i did not check to see the store person had his details correct )

do i have any grounds to expect the extra 15% be handed over free of charge , i handed over 2300 euro in good faith for what i believed what was a sufficient shipment needed for the job in hand , i had a tiler measure the area to boot

If you approved the order after being sent the quote I would not imagine you have much come back. While it was an error on the part of the salesperson you should have checked the quote and rectified the error at that point. If they are willing to take back the excess tiles is there much cost involved in the difference of then swapping for the correct tiles? At the end of the day I would think you are liable for paying the difference especially since you didn't check the quote before approving it.

Back