Incorrect income on forms to bank

C

cozzy

I have a buy to let mortgage which was rented out until start of summer. I previously had filled in income and expenditure forms with a lower income than I actually have in order to obtain interest only on mortgage. However this mortgage has gone into arrears as I had no tenants over the summer months. I did manage to pay something off the mortgage during this time. I now hope to get new tenants in but i still cant afford the full mortgage and need interest only again.

I have now received a standard financial statement from the bank which I now need to fill in. Do I tell the truth now about my income or risk them thinking I can pay the full amount if they look back at other income and expenditure form when in reality I still can't...

The SFS, which is at the heart of the MARP process, is a serious document and should be treated as such.

Times have changed now and so expect to be asked for pay-slips cc statements bank statements etc etc.

One of the reasons the SFS is in place is to get the banks to deal in a reasonable way with reasonable and honest customers.

If you lie and are caught you lose the protection of the process and the bank will not be bound by the MARP rules .....

Thanks. Thats what I thought. Better to be honest now and hopefully they will give me the interest only..