Income Tax for couple

daraclare

Hi, I'm looking for advice on how much tax I'll pay or save if our income situation changes.
Currently I work full time, while my spouse stays at home. Our little one is starting preschool as my partner is thinking of working a few hours a week, would this increase the tax we pay? I currently earn €75K and we're assessed jointly of course.

Also, my partner is technically a company director in the company they used to run with their brother, but earns nothing from this. Does this affect our tax does anyone know?

Could anyone recommend an onlineccalculator to figure these things out?

Any advice appreciated!

Are you claiming the home carer tax credit? https://www.revenue.ie/en/personal-...s/health-and-age/home-carer-credit/index.aspx

Presuming that you are, your spouse will pay 40% tax on their income and be due their employee tax credit of 20% of their income up to a maximum of €1,650 so if the income is below €8,250, it will effectively be taxed at 20%. There are income limits to claiming the home carer credit so I'd check to see if your spouse's income would be above that next year (I assume that the income from a couple of hours a week over the two months left this year won't get near the limit).

Back