Income protection assessment....

• Thread starter Deleted 15555
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted 15555

I have been suffering from Generalised Anxiety disorder now since last year and severe panic attacks and have been off work since June. Last week work sent me to an independant psychiatrist via Irish life to assess me to go on to income protection.

I have been seeing a psycotherapist myself since last November and a psychiatrist lately as well as having great support from my GP and company doc.

I found the interview very nerve wracking and had an unmerciful pain in my stomach and up my back with nerves, I drew complete blanks in some places and couldn't even tell the doctor what age I was. I am panicking all week about how it went and waiting to hear, to make matters worse when I returned home from the interview there was a letter there from social welfare requesting my doc to fill out a form to be submitted to their chief medical advisor. I have not slept for a week now worrying about all of this - has anyone been through this process or has any advice, to calm me...... I need some kind of income and really don't want to go back to work as I think the attacks are so dibilitating I won't be able to do my job properly.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.