Incidents with laser card

Black Sheep

I paid for my petrol at my local station with laser card as usual, put the receipt in my pocket and drove off. A couple of weeks later Bank statement arrived with the amount charged twice. Only then did discover that I had two laser receipts, same amount, same time.

Two weeks later I'm traveling long journey and stop off at restaurant for afternoon snack, cost E10.00. Bank statement shows E30.00 as does the laser slip, which I hadn't checked till then (my fault).

While I accept in both cases the fault was mine for not checking the receipts at the time, this is just a reminder to all to be ever vigilant, or perhaps you already are and I'm the odd one out.

BTW both garage and restaurant were very co-operative and sorted the situation

Thanks for the advice.

I'm dreadful for taking it for granted that the amount is correct and automatically enter the PIN without checking, especially when in supermarkest and long queue behind me.

Son got petrol some time ago and was charged twice for the same amount and one minute between transactions. Garage were adamant initially that he got the petrol but gave refund eventually.

Back