INBS and Anglo Deposits Moving/Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-brand -use PTSB system's initially merging all other's into PTSB if you like and then hopefully give some real competition and not just move in with BOI and AIB as one of the lad's so to speak.

INBS Discontinue 3 Deposit Accounts

Banks rarely discontinue deposit accounts. It is not in their interest. Banks generally let the rate gradually decrease and take advantage of consumer inertia (not that there is any inertia amongst Irish bank depositor's these days).

Today was an exception. INBS have discontinued 3 deposit accounts. Namely, Classical Quarterly, Premium Access and Money Maker. It is unclear what happens to legacy depositor's in these accounts.

INBS are clearly preparing for closure and deposit transfers to AIB or BOI or Cardinal Capital or back to the relevant depositor.

Anglo and INBS finalise run-downs

[broken link removed]

Interesting that there is only 14 billion EUR of deposits left in Anglo, about 73% of Anglo deposits holders have now taken their money out of Anglo since 2008.

Only 73%? I find it hard to believe that 27% of Anglo deposit holders have kept their cash in Anglo after all that has happened.

Anglo is as safe as any Irish Bank and still give good savings rates - this is the new Anglo and not the old and 100% owned by the Government.

Keeping your money at low rates with AIB or BOI thinking it's so much safer and they are all nicer people is madness.

As F.Gael intend to close INBS - What happens Mortgage?

Fine Gael have announced if elected they will shut down INBS. My mortgage is with them, am I right in assuming that it would just be transferred to say EBS. If so , would my current agreed fix rate with INBS still hold or would I be at the mercy of variable rates?

Won't know for sure until an announcement is made really. Can't imagine existing contracts would be torn up though.

EBS/BoI/AIB/Cardinal Capital/NAMA II or whoever will need to honour your fixed rate mortgage conditions.

The Sunday Business Post has said that the decision as to where deposits in Anglo & INBS are going will be approved by the EC later this month.

Interestng, thanks TSThomas for the link

I have my savings in Anglo - wonder whether it is worth now moving them. They still have the best instant access deposit rate on the market, although I assume this may not last the move to the new institution

I would not move - wait and find out your new home and yes if they start dropping the rates then re-locate your Deposits.

I've deposits in both INBS & Anglo, not taking any action either, but ehh, figure an update's an update.

Good question Calim.

I am just starting to read up on today's events and I am trying to figure out if they are still taking new deposits.

The INBS website does not clear it up:

A deposit auction will be interesting. No guarantee that the deposits will go to an Irish bank but they do need the extra deposits badly.

More from Anglo:

It would appear that they are still taking deposits. I will phone them tomorrow to confirm.

Although, Karl Deeter tweeted:

INBS not taking any new biz applications, any submitted already will still be dealt with

When Bradford and Bingley were nationalised their deposits ended up in Santander. Unfortunately as a shareholder my shares ended up down the drain.

The deposits could go to a hedge fund:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/...b/09/foreign-banks-bidding-anglo-irish-spoils

Status
Not open for further replies.