In a survey of users ....

Henny Penny

.... it really bugs me when cosmetic companies advertising on tv use surveys of a tiny amount of people. For example in independent tests 90% reported reduced wrinkles .... 90% or 20 people is only 18 and chances are some of them know each other, some of them are quacks, and some just want to get away from the market researcher and will agree to anything for a quiet life!

What happened to using 100000 people or more ... do they honestly think we will believe a room full of people rather than a proper survey?

do they honestly think we will believe a room full of people rather than a proper survey?

Given that the global cosmetics industry is a multi-billion euro market, I'd say on balance we fall for whatever they say we should fall for ;)

for the amounts of money involved cant you give it go and if you dont like it then give it up, its not like your signing up to a major commitment.

I'd say most people treat the various votes/award and opinions with a pinch of salt (ooh salt, bad for the skin no doubt ;) )

Would agree though that survey results should be outlawed where samples of less than, say, 1,000 where the results are supposed to be meaningful for the general public.

I wonder how many groups of 20 they had to survey before they got the 'right' answer?

Back