Importing sanitary ware - is it worth it?

Brave Inca

Hi All,

I'm about to start building a new house and would like to know if anyone has experience of importing Sanitoryware (Baths/Sinks/Tiles). Was it a worthwhile exercise?

Hi,

My only experience in it was to buy a couple of sinks in a DIY shop in Faance for a fraction of the cost here in Ireland. The difference in price for this item alone paid for the return trip in the ferry and our van was stuffed with other purchases. We bought a double white ceramic sink for the kitchen for 62 euro and the bathroom sink was 75 euro (costs here is over 400 euro per sink). So well worth it. We also got taps and these were much cheaper as well but you have to be careful as they are made for high pressure water system they have in France. Our plumber told us he could change them over to suit our system but we didn't need to.

Everyone admires the sinks and nobody believes the price I got them for!

Hi Ushuaia

I know there are loads of DIY type shops in France but what one did you go to. Does the CostaRama chain do sanitary ware?

you may have more joy purchasing smaller items such as taps, wastes, shower valves etc. from European suppliers

it's not so much the buying as the delivery cost - we looked at buying toilets/sinks etc. in France/Spain but getting the stuff delivered was so expensive it wasn't really worth it (for us, I mean)

Brave Inca ,
If you have some French , search in the golden pages , for example "Salle de bain" in line 1 and "Calais" in line 3 , will get you the following stores which all have prices . I don't know the stores or if they are value for money .
pjq

[broken link removed]

http://www.nicodeme.fr/

Back