Importing from UK, total spend of approx 12K 04 saloon in the mid range size

Glenbhoy

I'm looking for an 04 saloon in the mid range size wise, I'm being steered towards a Bora 1.9D, Skoda Octavia 1.9d (but wife would prefer something a little smaller), Vectra 1.9D....
Anyone any thoughts on any of these or other similar cars. I will be spending approx 6K stg, and 3K VRT.

Re: Importing from UK, total spend of approx 12K

Bora=poor car
Vectra=poor, boring car. Just not worth it.
Octavia=good car and value for money.

Best of the rest...Mazda 6, Mondeo (particularly TCDI Zetec - great car) and 04 Passat TDI 130BHP

If you want a smaller car and hatchback look at the Focus diesel...tcdi

Re: Importing from UK, total spend of approx 12K

Agreed.

Out of interest what is the difference between a boring car and a non boring car?

They don't call it the vw boring for nothing.

There is another post about buying a vw jetta.

Someone said dealers would not touch his bora.

What about a golf tdi?

Out of interest what is the difference between a boring car and a non boring car?

I suppose it depends on whether you have a passing interest in cars or not. Boring cars tend to be lifeless pieces of plastic that move forwards and backwards...and have the sex appeal of a dead cow!!

A non boring car (and this is where it gets complex) is often a boring car (Oktavia) which provides lots of surprises...or just a sexy car full stop.

It's a complex game and takes a while to understand. Watch every episode of Top Gear for a few months and you'll get the hang of it