Importing from the US

I suppose its horses for courses but i reckon i'll go for something with at least a 17.5 HP engine, hydrostatic drive, mulching kit and a make that is also available here. For servicing purposes obviously.

Great prices there gally74. Now, how do we go about getting one over? Do you think one of these companies would send one over if we paid them up front?

Would we have to arrange to get it picked up at the store and arrange for it to be brought to Ireland? If so, anybody any names of companies who would provide this service?

the only way is to find an intermideary over there to pick up, and ship, on a boat, long haul. some one needs to work out the tax or duty to import

you will need to have the mower CE marked to comply with EU safety regulations. If there was an accident with the mower you would be wide open.

Also as far as I know there is no warranty on any powertool imported from the states.

Ended up buying one in the north as my cousin works for Honda UK, i was able to get one from a freinds and family scheme they run.