Importing Car From UK - Best Place to Buy Sterling

guest1

Hey Guys,

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but i feel its particularly relevant especially the pre VRT changeover in July. Where is the place to convert Euro to Sterling???..... given the fact that i would like to maximise the amount of sterling i get for Euro. I was planning of bringing GBP cash with me to the UK, maybe the best idea security wise, but good when bargaining.

I've had a look through some of the threads and they suggest XETrade but that seems to be for predominated bank accounts. I'm planning a day trip to the UK so i won't know what bank account I will need to send the money to until i buy the car. Besides that, there seems to be a bit of lead time on the transfers. Its just seems inappropriate for the situation. I was thinkin of bringing a bank draft and some cash for bargaining.

Any thoughts and or experiences on this would be much appreciated. Please excuse my ignorance on this matter since its the first time i ever done something like this.

Thank You

I have used www.xe.com and you can either transfer the amount directly to the receivers bank account or get a draft.

The rates are far better than a bank and setting up an account just take a few days for id verification etc.

I have used www.xe.com and you can either transfer the amount directly to the receivers bank account or get a draft.

The rates are far better than a bank and setting up an account just take a few days for id verification etc.

I didn't realise you could get a draft from XE. Thank you very much Sir. On that matter, for the cash part of the transaction, could you advise me where would be the best place to purchase this.

Much obliged,