Importing a car with new VRT rules?

Po' Boy

Hi all - I currently have a 00BMW 316i compact and I want to sell it before it loses all its value. I love the car, it's just getting pretty old at this stage, it's the old shape etc. My plan was to buy the same car, an 04 or 05 model from Cargiant in th UK, but now I'm wondering about whether this is a good idea with the new VRT rules - I've tried to look up how much the VRT would be on this car but I can't really make it out. If it's a bad idea, what would anyone suggest - I've been told I might get around €8-9K for my car, and I'd bring it up to about €15K for a BMW but wouldn't mind spending less if I could get post 00 car for that. I was also thinking about an Audi or a Mazda. ANy suggestions would be brilliant. Thanks!

it all depends on the CO2 emission from that particular car model, if it has high CO2 emission, then its much better to buy car from uk before july(when new VRT and tax apply) and if it has less CO2 emission like 320D then better wait till july,

as current VRT for 320D is 30%, after july its 20%, road tax 530-599 now, after july it would be 300 for NEWLY REGISTERED cars

BMW 520d = 2.0L Diesel. CO2 = 136,
Old VRT 30%, New VRT 16%, New Road Tax €150
Which puts it in the same Tax and CO2 levels of a ....FIAT PANDA 1.1cc Petrol Manual!!!!!!!!!! That is a very efficient engine.