Import costs?

redbhoy

Hi,

Im just about to order 5 books for personal use from amazon.co.uk.
Cost of books is £63.01+ £3.44 p+p.
Is this all i have to pay or am I going to get stung for extra when the postman knocks?
Previously, I had to pay an extra €20 or so, when i ordered supplements from the States so im just curious. Would i be right in thinking books are treated differently to most other items?

Thanks

There's no extra costs because there is no duty on in intra-EU purchases (like those you pay from countries like the US), so nothing to worry about.

I've bought oodles of stuff from the UK amazon website without any issues. Are you sure your p&p charges are calculated correctly? By my reckoning 5 books from amazon would come in at p&p of £8.94 (not meaning to depresss you!).

Incidentally, I do think their P&P is steep considering for an order over £19 they would deliver to the North for free. Have you checked out the book section on play.com - no delivery charges and often cheaper than amazon?

Rebecca

I can only recommend play.com.
Have ordered many books there and their selection is pretty good. Never had an issue with delivery, although it seems to take a bit longer than amazon, maybe a day or two.

Thanks folks.

Miss Ribena- I thought it was 0.39 per book + 1.49 per delivery. I'll check again though as I just glanced over it.
Just checked 0.99 per book + 3.99 per delivery. D'oh.
Well spotted and thank you.