Implications of SF in government for private /occupational pensions

True but pre-2014 is the majority of existing public employees and almost all public employees who'll be retiring in the next 10-20 years.
Not sure I follow. A public sector employee that retires 20 years from now would have 25 years of post-2014 service.

Unfortunately this is what happens when enough idiots join the coterie of scumbags who already vote for Sinn Fein/IRA. These guys will wreck the country with their nonsense, nevermind the criminality. Anyone who voted for them should hang their head in shame.

With the average pension pot at retirement being around €112k
I'm not sure how accurate that figure is but bear in mind that a lot of people will have more than one pension pot at retirement.

But you're right - reducing the SFT from €2m to €1.2m will have zero impact on the vast, vast majority of people.

That's not to say I would welcome the reduction!

Last edited:
For people with wealth, how does one protect the nest?
If theres a 1% tax on wealth, how can they measure off-market assets.
Example, I have cars, jewellery, cash, shares in Cargill, music memorobilia etc.
Its all very subjective.

Unfortunately this is what happens when enough idiots join the coterie of scumbags who already vote for Sinn Fein/IRA. These guys will wreck the country with their nonsense, nevermind the criminality. Anyone who voted for them should hang their head in shame.
Wreck the economy?
Are you 10 years old or younger?

Back