iMON remote control problem

Delboy

I recently purchased an IMON VFD remote control for my Dell Dimension 5000 PC but there seems to be a restriction to installing the hardware.
To complete the installation you have to connect the PC's power switch to the IMon hardware via a 2 pin cable. This is not possible in the Dell PC as the power switch is in the I/O cable which is a 24 pin ribbon type cable.

Does anyone know is there a way around this problem, maybe an additional cable that can be purchased?

Thanks

I went to [broken link removed] to get some info and it nearly induced an epileptic fit! :eek:

ClubMan said:
I went to [broken link removed] to get some info and it nearly induced an epileptic fit! :eek:

fairly lively allright!!!! I checked that site earlier, but got nothing out of it.
I emailed them for help but have heard nothing back yet

I'm confused - what exactly do you mean by:
you have to connect the PC's power switch to the IMon hardware via a 2 pin cable. This is not possible in the Dell PC as the power switch is in the I/O cable which is a 24 pin ribbon type cable.

What power switch? What I/O cable? Is this internal to the PC or something? After all I presume it's a normal desktop PC which connects to the mains through a normal power lead and has a front panel on/off/reset switch? I've looked at [broken link removed] and am none the wiser as to your problems.

Update: ah - perhaps you mean how do you connect the small power cable pictured [broken link removed] to the PC's power supply unit?

Back