Immigration at Dub

minkydog

Hi there,
We are travelling to Orlando soon with EI. Does this flight clear immigration at Dublin or MCO? and what part of the airport does it depart from?
Thanks

Yes these flights normally clear US immigration at Dublin airport and normally at a departure gate of 'B'.

I heard from someone that if your flight to the States is at midday or after that you dont clear immigration, and have to wait until you get to the other side of the pond.

I flew to vegas last year, we left dublin in the morning. We had to fill out forms while we were waiting to check in, and when we got to philly we still had to go through immigration. It took us that long we missed our next connecting flight onto vegas.

Family member just got back from san fracisco.make sure your at dublin at least 3.5 hrs before take off as you have to fill in another form and when you land another form again.

I think 3 and half hours before flight time is excessive. I recently went to Boston and arrived at Dublin airport two hours before flight. I had plenty of time to browse the duty-free and clear immigration although the queue wasn't huge on this occasion.

The check in desk for all US flights are at gate B. You have to fill in a grren fom before being admitted downstairs to queue for immigration. There can sometimes be a big queue but if there are unreasonable delays, priority is given to those whose flight departure is imminent.

At Boston, I had to present the form which had been stamped by the immigration officials in Dublin. I didn't have to fill out another one.

We flew with Aer Lingus to Orlando last year - departed from B gate but had to clear immigration in Orlando.

And found this on another forum - from info pack provided by travel agent: "Due to congestion, US immigration services in Dublin Airport only serve certain
flights. Clients with onward connections in the US ought leave sufficient time to clear immigration upon arrival in the US if travelling on the following flights
which are not being precleared in Dublin:

Continental Airlines Flight 127 to Newark
US Airways to Philadelphia
American Airlines to Chicago
Aer Lingus Flight 109 to JFK
Aer Lingus to Dulles
Aer Lingus to San Francisco
Aer Lingus to Orlando"

Hi, make sure all your paperwork is in order before you get to Orlando as we had an unpleasant experience, as had others, with the US immigration.

new thing from this year is to you have to register online for a visa waiver - through the esta website ( us department of homeland security!!). You apply online get a ref number and then have to go in again and check that your visit has been approved

Hi Sue_Flaherty, make certain everything is in order with the esta, because three of us family members applied on line and only one members details were actually available to immigration, with the result that we were delayed a long time at immigration, given a lecture, sent on our way with a flea in our ear.
So... double check before you go.

Back