Immersion still not working after 2 electricans + 1 plumber

Mommah

I am soo frustrated.
I have a rental property which has had a water leak in the gas central heating...leading the heating to be unreliable. (see other thread)

The thermostat for the immersion was broken...so as part of an over-haul of the system I got the plumber to put in a new immersion and thermostat and an electrician to wire a timer.

The various plumbing/electrical interventions have set me back about €1200 and the heating situation is worse and the immersion still not working, therefore the tenants have no relaible hot water for showers etc.

So I got another electrician (no 1 on hols x 3 wks) to look at it and he replaced the timer (an apt immersion heater timeswitch)

The tenants contacted me again last night to say the immersion is still not operating...the water is heating but the timer isn't working.

I texted eletrician no 2 and he says he'll have another look.....
Any advice????

Thanks Sparky...thankfully I hadn't paid electrician no 2 yet.
he went back last night and reports electrician no 1 wired it incorrectly in the first case...doh...shouldn't he have figured that out when he replaced the timer +switch....I'm going to turn into one of the really scary tradesmen customers :mad:

At least now hopefully the freaking tenants will have hot water...I've given them plug in oil filled heaters to deal with heating problem...until permanent solution found

Back