Immersion Smart Timer

dodo

Can you recommend an Immersion smart timer that can.be used with Samsung phone.

I went away for one month. Female friend was in the place one night, she left the immersion on bath setting... for the whole month.

Bi-monthly bill was EUR 2800.

Last edited:
That seems an awful lot of money. Would an emersion really rack up such a charge? Was the previous bill an estimate?
Whatever about smart controls I'd also look into insulating your tank and shopping around for a better value energy provider.

A low tech option might be to install a sign reminding guests of the horrors of leaving the emersion on!

I went away for one month. Female friend was in the place one night, she left the immersion on bath setting... for the whole month.

Bi-monthly bill was EUR 2800.
Did she also leave the bath hot tap running.

3kw element running continuously 24 hours per day for 31 days = 2232kwhrs.

With no insulation and the cylinder loosing all the inputed energy you might run to 1000 euro.

Last edited:
Ours was left on for a month last year, it added very little to the bill, I can’t remember the exact amount but €150 ish,,,

Since the taps weren’t run the water never topped up with cold and it’s well insulated so it didn’t cool, well it couldn’t it was on all the time.

We don't know what their normal bimonthly bill is so a bill of €2800 is kinda meaningless.
But, imo, no way should an immersion (even on 'bath') use up a huge amount of electricity with no one home if immersion thermostat was doing its job.

Back