Immersion Heater Boost Button Query

H

harky

I have a query regarding the power consumption of the immersion heater which is fitted in my flat. The label states that it is a Tristor TSC 150 unit which was installed on 08/07/08, it is also fitted with a Horstmann Electrisaver E30 push button boost timer.

We have had to use the boost button for the last few months as the element faulty and the maintenance company are awaiting the arrival of the part. We have received a large electricity bill and think that the reason for this may be due to having to use the boost button numerously on a daily basis when we need hot water.

My query is whether the power/electricity consumption would be higher if the boost button was used throughout the day rather than the conventional method, this is what we have been having to do while we wait for the boiler to be fixed through the property agents. If so can you also provided some statistics or data regarding this, or a link or contact where I can find some statistics or costs or power consumption figures.

We need these in making a claim to the property agent/landlord as we find it is their fault that it has taken this long to fix the issue, resulting in us receiving such a high electricity bill.

check with the esb. What's happening here is there's two supplies into this switch, one is charged at night rate, and the other which is the boost button supply, is charged at normal rate. So from 11 oclock at night to 7 oclock in the morning your night rate water heater is on and normally supplies enough water for the day. Whereas now your heating the water at normal rate.. If your looking to claim back the difference, get a couple of bills from before the element broke and compare them to a couple of recent bills..

Yeh thats what I thought would be happening. We actually dont have an previous bills, that was our first quartelry bill and half of that period is within when the element became faulty. Thank you though!

Back