Imelda May interview with Gaybo

Staples

Really looking forward to this tonight. Once it's over I won't have to endure the endless promos telling me it's on.

Most retired people aren't lucky enough to be able to walk into a high-paying gig with RTE when their life savings are wiped out.

Most retired people aren't lucky enough to be able to walk into a high-paying gig with RTE when their life savings are wiped out.

Most Irish people wouldn't be able to present a programme to save their lives.
Whether you like Gay Byrne or not, the man is talented.

liacon said:
most irish people wouldn't be able to present a programme to save their lives.

I disagree. I think Graham Norton does a good job.

I agree, however, if you are talking about Miriam O Callaghan, Brendan O Connor, Ryan Tubridy or Pat Kenny.

Marion

Really looking forward to this tonight. Once it's over I won't have to endure the endless promos telling me it's on.

they really went to town on those promos. I had to switch over every time...so annoying.
Who is behind Imedla May? Who's promoting her....she's getting serious exposure and I'm not sure why or if it's really deserved!!!

Most Irish people wouldn't be able to present a programme to save their lives.
Whether you like Gay Byrne or not, the man is talented.
I don't particularly like him, but I do enjoy watching him interview someone.

He's by far the best interviewer I've personally ever seen. Biased and sycophantic at times, yes, but nonetheless the only person who can talk with equal gravitas/sensitivity about sad and horrible experiences with others and then happily chat about pop culture as well as have heavyweight political discussions.

Jeez, maybe I DO like him after all :eek:

Well now it's just a week of watching the trailers for his interview with Bob Geldof....

At least Imelda has achieved her success the old fashioned way, through hard work and talent. This puts her in a totally different league to the usual crew of X-Factor/celeb/karaoke 'stars' that normally take over our screens.

At least Imelda has achieved her success the old fashioned way, through hard work and talent. This puts her in a totally different league to the usual crew of X-Factor/celeb/karaoke 'stars' that normally take over our screens.

100% agree with that. Unfortunately I just don't like her music, though my son keeps saying I should give it a chance.

Back