Imagine

bsloe

with all the problems everyone is having with the various bb providers no one has mentioned Imagine. I was considering getting the 9.99 a month option from them. Are they any good or are they as bad as the rest of them

You know that the 9.99 offer is their [broken link removed] offer which only offers 20 hours a month. If thats all you need then ok but just be aware.

i have ntl so im not concerned about these offers but it seems to me, if ntl is not available in your area the esatbt (ignoring customer service) seems to be the best line rental/broadband package

Or, as Car says, if 20 hours is enough, pay your 25 euro line rental and a tenner to imagine. I think Eircoms 20 hour package is 19.99 a month so Imagine is a good deal.

Yes, BT would be the best offer for always on broadband. I will say tho Ive had to call their service desk a few times and always found their tech support has been excellent. Even been very promptly called back on 2 occasions.

Some good news if youve got [broken link removed], all in packages on the way.

bsloe said:
with all the problems everyone is having with the various bb providers no one has mentioned Imagine. I was considering getting the 9.99 a month option from them. Are they any good or are they as bad as the rest of them

Imagine was discussed in a thread here very soon after it was launched as I recall.

bsloe said:

As long as you remember that when you get their €9.99 per month option that you're aware of the following points that they don't mention in their advertising.

1. You only get 20 hours per month.
2. You have to purchase their telephone package as well, from €27.99 to €37.99 extra per month on top of the €9.99 per month.
3. You pay €2.99 per month for their router as well.

So, essentially you're talking minimum €40.97 per month for 20hours broadband. Just over €2/hr.

Hardly value for money.

Interesting Car. I'm with UTV and am generally happy with the service but it is a good bit dearer than the BT offer where line rental is included. The only thing that stopped me changing was their poor customer service record - maybe they have improved on that. Overall though are you happy with BT bb speed and I assume you don't have much downtime - this would be crucial for me.

Hi demoivre, Im using the basic BT 40e pkg for work from home 2-3 days a week. Had one drop last week for no more then a few seconds but that may have been on my side. I rang them and they said they were able to see no drops on my connection. Apart from that nearly 3 months in and no problems.

2 (smallish) beefs,

1. the upload rate is slow, which for regular home use shouldnt be a problem but I deal with large files (40-50mb plus) so need to go into the office for just that. I could upgrade but Im working around it so nyaahhh.

2. I cant get their zyxel router to work with my linksys wrt54g wireless so Im tied to the desk, really annoying. Ive tried everything, dhcp on the zyxel, off on the linksys and vice versa. Ive tried setting the zyxel to bridge and configuring the pppoe settings on the linksys (same as was on the zyxel) but no joy. I can get an IP assigned to the linksys from the zyxel and I can get an IP assigned to the laptop from the linksys, but do you think I could get internet access? not a hope. Gave up after hours trying. linksys support were next to useless, BT support said the linksys would need bridging, but it doesnt have it.
I'd had no problems when I was with ntl previously.

Thanks for the feedback Car - neither of your two probs. would cause me any major hassle to be honest. I reckon I'm paying about 38euro bimonthly more to Utv Than you are paying to bt for the same 1mb connection. I'm going to give it a bit more time though to see if increased competition will drive UTVs price down a bit. Thanks again.

ronan
I know what u are saying but they do line rental only for just over €20 a month which suits me as I want to keep the phoneline but dont use it that often. I am going to buy a router from komplett so i dont have to rent their one which is probably brutal anyway.

Funnily enough, just went in to check out their line rental only option, and if you go through their online purchase functionality, you HAVE to either rent or buy the router from them for the €9.99 option. No choice. if you get a more expensive package, you can use your own router.

The more I see of these people, the less I like their way of working.

By the way, as a matter of interest, how do you know how much this line rental only deal is - there's no mention of the price on the site at all, that I can find. A breach of comreg regulations as far as I know.

I don't like the look of the Imagine pricing structure. Too many non-optional extras.