imagine

dollyclare

Has anyone tried their bband yet.the last post I could find on this was mid July.Is there a service where I can--
Keep my phone no.(eircom)
pay a fee for set usage(20-35 hrs.a month)
connect myself(with no connection fee)
before end of August.
Eircom home plus is too expensive for me,a sole user of net.(40 monthly plus 40 connection)
Any advice please

though I hate the idea of telco's bringing in restricted use broadband Eircom have actually brought this in - Eur19.99 per month for 20 hours max usage per month. It's called Eircom Time.

If you can get NTL cable broadband (basic service is unrestricted usage for Eur25 a month) go for that. They currently offer Free connection and first 3 months free!

And of course, then you have the option to get rid of your Eircom line and port your number over to the likes of www.blueface.ie where you can have a "landline" number - your current one if you wish - and just pay Eur10 a month for 300 minutes of calls - and no line rental charge. Probably not as reliable as an ordinary landline though!

Not my cup of tea but you can watch it [broken link removed] if you do like it.

I went to sign up for one of the Imagine products (their cheapest always on), but stopped immediately when they also told me I had to sign up for their phone service as well which wasn't less than €35 if I remember correctly.

You don't see that mentioned anywhere in their adverts.

There's an old consumer saying...it it seems to good to be true then it generally isn't.

thanks folks.think I'll skip Imagine.Can't get NTL.I have to keep the eircom line(its not mine).know about 20e eircom but realised if you go over 20hrs you pay daytime phone rates.I may be seeking the impossible-a service that is cheap but not set to specific hours of use.alternatively I can just curb my use to 20hrs.

Hi,

Small business user - me! - and I notice on getbroadband.ie that Imagine now have an unlimited up/down DSL service for 19.99+VAT a month.
This seems very good in my eyes.
Would love to hear from any other Imagine users on the quality and customer service of their BBand - pref business users.

Tks

What a shower, got the details back from Imagine yesterday, yes for €19.99+VAT, you have a 1mg/128k 48:1 service with unlimited down/up, BUT the allowance must adhere to their acceptable usage condition, so aways I go and check out their fair usage..........10gig a month, what a shower of wasters, advertising 10gig up/down limit as being unlimited, FFS, me going elsewhere!

Are you a buisness user?Yep, and at the minute hitting about 23gig up 15-18down with Eircom.
This issue is the advertisement of unlimited as being 10gig, have a look at all the other providers and there are plenty of 20-40 rated packages, none of which are described as unlimited, I went to Smart with an indication of 50gig for their unlimited and they were happy that was reasonable.
10gig is not "unlimited"