I'm no early bird!

brian.mobile

Hey,

I get up late, about 10am. I got to bed about midnight.

Wondering how more productive I'd be if I got up at 7 am.

What time do you get up at - or go to bed at?

What do you think is better?

BM

Get up at 6:30 and go to bed at midnight. Would prefer to get approx 8hrs sleep as I always feel much better when I do but can never seem to get to bed earlier!

I go to bed at 11/12 and get up at 7,I need over 8 hrs sleep so am also wrecked-I am definitley not a morning person and only get up so early because of my job, I have been doing it for years and never get used to it - Im natually a night owl and every holiday fall in to the habit of staying up late and sleeping in& struggle when I return to work

Please keep stuff like this in the appropriate forum. I had to move this from Misc. Non Financial Questions to Shooting the Breeze where it more correctly belongs.

if I go to bed early I wake up in the middle of the night anyway. So I go to bed at around 1am and sleep till 7.30am. Suits me. I usually start work at 9am and have about 1/2 hour travelling.

I go to bed around midnight and get up around 8-ish. I always thought 8 hours a night was minimum but according to Bill Cullens book you can survive on 4 or 5. His granny lived to about 100 years old on a few hours a night. He suggests setting the alarm clock a minute or two earlier every day. I tried but failed. Damn snooze button.

Tried Bill Cullens tip as well - now I get up at 6.30 and go to bed around 11. I find I have more energy now than when I got up at 8.

Admittedly I have hayfever during the summer which makes me feel tired amongst all the other symptoms but I find it easier to get out of bed at 6:30am in the depths of winter when it's dark and cold than I do in the summer when it's bright and sunny. Anybody else experience this?

I go to bed between 11-11:30 but always read for at least a 1/2-1 hour as find it much easier to sleep after reading. Get up at around 7:30-7:45 and leave the house for work at 8:45 and in work by 9am.

Not next door but takes 5 minutes to drive to the creche, drop off takes another 5 minutes,and a further 5 minutes drive to work. Takes longer when the schools are in full swing as have to pass by 2 of them but the summer months are bliss!

(edited to change fom 45 tyo 5 minutes!!!)

I'm usually in bed at 10.30 and asleep shortly after. I have to drag myself out of bed at 8.45 for work at 9.30. I always feel much better when I get up earlier but I can't seem to get my head around that in the mornings