I'm looking for a gramophone

Ron Burgundy

For almost 15 years i've worked as a Dj and am about to finish off my house. With my connection to music i'd love to have an old gramophone in my living room.

Its something i've always wanted and am looking alll over the place but no luck.

I have seen some on e bay but have had a few bad experiences with them so its a no go. Any other help would be great. I'm moving moving in just before christmas and would love to play "white christmas" on it christmas morning so i'm on a deadline !!!!!!

I saw a working one for sale some months back at Buckley's Auctioneers in Sandycove.

Perhaps you could ring around the auction houses and leave your details in case they get one in?

[broken link removed]

Check out the link above... Some good old fashioned electronics for sale on it....

Dunnes stores were selling music centres that play records as well as CDs and tapes, last week. Sunday Times readers offer I think were doing similar but more expensive.

Hi,

the Sunday Times often has advertisements for a gramaphone - it looks like the one in the HMV logo.

I think it is advertised in the 'Style' or 'Culture' section.

That sounds like a lovely idea to play 'White Christmas' on it at Christmas!

Back