Illegal dumping

Kiddo

We live in an estate with private bin collections, the price of which is included in the management fees. We were heading out this evening and noticed a van, with the name of a plumbing company, pulled up beside one of the communal bin areas in our estate. The guy driving the van was carrying what looked like trade waste and dumped it in the communal bin. He returned to his van and proceeded to unload another two handfuls of rubbish and by the time we had reached the edge of the estate he had unloaded another two bags full. To us it seemed as if he was dumping trade waste.

While I have no problem paying for the waste generated by our house I do object to paying for rouge businesses to be dumping waste in our bins. Unfortunatly we didn't take the name of the business...so I'm just wondering if its worth phoning the management compmany and reporting this or just bide my time until I have a business name?

See thread on illegal dumping here for all your options. No point doing anything now if you can't provide anyone the details of the company or person who was doing it. You'll know better next time.

A car pulled up outside our office and dumped bags into a waste bin of one of my neighbours. We phoned the Corporation who came and took statements and insisted that they would prosecute the owners of the car.

It's worth doing.

Brendan

Cheers for the replies. Unfortunatly we didn't get any details. The guy was carrying in two sackloads of waste as we approached. He was returning to the van as we passed so we thought noting of it. We only realised further up the road what he was up to. As we were crossing the road and looked back he was carrying more stuff in and it looked like trade waste , bits of pipeing etc. He went in a third time.

It just annoyed us as the management company have been encouraging all householders to recycle in order to reduce the waste disposal costs..not much point if ****** s like this are dumping their crap.

I'll know better next time and get the reg., company name and phone nubmer...hell I'll take a photo of the fecker in action