Illegal dumping summons

I know yes, this is my point too. People are abusing the situation and I am trying to do the right thing and yet getting fined for it.

Appeal this fine. The amenity centre should have these bins emptied regularly so they fit for purpose.

I know yes, this is my point too. People are abusing the situation and I am trying to do the right thing and yet getting fined for it.
You were not fined for doing the right thing, you were fined for not doing the right thing, i.e. leaving bottles around the bottle bank (admittedly it was your friend who did the actual dumping).
For example if I am walking through town and go to a bin to dispose of my chip wrapper and empty can, and the bin is full, is it all right to leave the rubbish beside the bin? I personally think not. If I arrive at the bottle bank and it is full, I just but the bottles back in the car for the next time.
If it were me, I'd be asking my friend for the €150

Maybe just talk to your friend and explain what happened? S/he may offer to pay it without you having to ask. I know I would if it were me (even if I would not leave bottles on the ground).

If s/he doesn't offer to pay it then mention that s/he was caught by CCTV. S/he might offer to pay it then.

If s/he still doesn't I would question what kind of friend would do that and maybe challenge the fine and put your "not-friend" on the spot (unless s/he has financial problems).

If it were me, I'd be asking my friend for the €150

I wouldn't advise this, you will instantly lose your friend. And you may need his help again in the future.

Some people don't drive and may rely on others to.take their recyclables to the amenity places.

Whatever the circumstances, the friend owes the €150.
But presumably friend is helping you.

I'd suggest a 50:50 split, learn from it and move on.

I always try to get to the bottle bank early, if needs be, after bank holidays etc.

I always count the wine bottles I deposit and advise Mrs. Romulan..............she loves that.

Back