IKEA UK to ROI - www.unflatpack.com

Funnily enough..............

I was going to post anyway today about IKEA Edinburgh. I have quite a small house, it needs furnishing after a big refurb and I particularly liked the shape and size of the Ektorp range of sofas etc.,etc in IKEA. I spend quite a bit of time in the Manchester area so its very easy for me to see the actual furniture. I have not seen anything I like as much in Dublin so I decided that I would try and buy from IKEA.

IKEA Edinburgh are the only branch I could find who would deliver. I emailed them and unflatpack.com for quotes. IKEA responded - unflatpack did not.

I have just come back from my house where Lavery Transport of Portadown ( employed by IKEA) have just delivered 2 sofas, a coffee table, two dining chairs and a lamp. Total cost Stg 975.00 including delivery. Ordered on May 4th delivered today. Its not top of the range but really quite nice. There is some assembly to be done which might put some people off but overall I am very happy with the quality, price and service. I found the staff in IKEA Edinburgh really helpful and have just emailed them to say thanks.

mf

I have used both the Glasgow and Edinburgh delivery services.

Glasgow - you have to go to the store, load up your pallets, and take them to the delivery area. There it's (I think) £190 for the first 2 pallets (minimum) and £80 per subsequent pallet. Delivery is fairly quick. This is ideal if you're not entirely sure what you want...

Edinburgh - you email the store with your list - they get back to you as soon as they can - which can take time! - then they pick the stuff and send it to you (with those nice NI gents, as mentioned). They will do small pallets as well, but 'long' pallets are £225 - and they do fit a lot.

Even factoring in the delivery charges, it's worth it for the range and quality...

Thanks everyone for your feedback - I'm currently taking orders from my friends to make the long pallet worth it! Regards, Karin

Back