Ikea kitchens

Shei

Does anyone have an Ikea kitchen and if so, are you satisfied with the quality and the overall experience of deciding what to get?
Have quotes from various kitchen suppliers and was fairly accepting of them until my husband pointed out that they were the price of a car!

Ikea kitchens are totally fine. Quality is good but go for the higher-end units. Only major issue with them is if you (invariably) forget a piece, then getting it shipped over can be a problem. Almost all shaker-style kitchens are flat-packed these days at some stage.

Be careful with your measurements as units are typically only available in 30cm, 40cm, 50cm, 60cm, 80 cm, etc, so if you need them to fit exactly along a specific wall, you may need to get some extra wood and ask your carpenter to make some adjustments.

May also be useful:
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=18575

Would be interested to hear from anyone out there who has an IKEA kitchen.

Was up there yesterday & their prices are hard to beat.
Kitchens themselves seem as well made as any we seen in B&Q, In-House or Kitchen World.

We have an IKEA kitchen for just over 12 months now. We choose the more expensive of their range, but the quality is far superior to what we were looking at in Dublin, at about a third of the price (on average for what we were being quoted here).
The kitchen design software is very easy to use and u can upload your design to their database for when you arrive. We were quite definite about our design, but the assistance we got from staff was excellent.
Highly recommend them (obviously no afil, am not Mrs Ikea. unfortunately)

I was in the same situation 6 years ago, I was after a particular finish Cherry Wood with wooden worktops in Cork, only two providers and both prices were through the roof. When I was in England I chose the kitchen I wanted, designed it back in Ireland, got Ikea to check my designs and parts list. The kitchen was delivered to my sisters and then I brought back 2 tonne of Ikea kitchen in and on the jeep.

Even with the exchange rate from punt to sterling and travel saved a fortune. The kitchen was far superior than your middle of the range kitchens easy to put together and after 6 years still lasting the time. The great thing is as well you get all the gadets, wire pullout baskets, tall larders, etc. Try the hotdogs as well

Of course with the showroom in Belfast things should be a lot easier now

Back