Ikea kitchen installation DVD or Instruction pack??

puglover

Hi! We just bought a new kitchen at Ikea and are a bit confused about the installation. Were we supposed to get a DVD or pack containing information? www.ikeafans.com has reference to this.

How do we fix the wall cabinets to the wall? The website says to attach them to the wall strip that you affix. We didn't get a wall strip nor were we told about it.

Others mention a "suspension rail" that replaced the wall strip. Does anyone know what this is and why we didn't get it?

Anyone with direct experience of installing IKEA kitchens?

Thanks!

Nope!! Your in Europe. The Suspension rail is a US thing. You need timber battons if the wall is studded other wise its the same as your floor press in that you bolt it up via the two bolt holes in the top corners and then level it.

We just got an ikea kitchen - and got a kitchen fitter that knew what he was doing - thats the only recommendation I can give. Delighted with his work. BTW on ur tap query on the other thread.... Ikea have a problem with the supplier of their taps so they have a VERY VERY limited range. We literally went to the shelf and picked one of two that was there. Its grand, not overly happy with it.. as an after thought, we should of just bought a tap down here in Dublin. The one we picked wasnt even in the catelogue!

I've got a PDF file with instructions from start to finish - i could email it to you if you like (can't find where i downloaded it from).

Just finished the installation of the kitchen. Had our builder fit it and he's had lots of kitchen experience but none with IKEA. There were a few non-standard things to work around (no space for services at the back for instance). I had to give him a hand to find the relevant parts etc.

To be honest (and like most builders I suspect) the first thing he did was throw out the instructions. He was very cavalier but got there in the end and I have to say it looks very smart.

PM me and I’ll email the instructions.

RE: wall cabinets - our builder screwed a piece of wood (level) directly into the plasterboard, then kind of stood the cabinet on it while he attached it to the wall, then unscrewed the piece of wood. He hung one of the wall cabinets completely by himself - was impressive to watch.

Stef

Yeah - i ended up getting a tap in the B&Q round the corner (Belfast) - paid more but IKEA was out of stock of nearly all taps