Ikea: 21% Off Sale on Saturday 19th

gnubbit

Got an email announcing this. Is anyone brave enough to try it? I've heard Saturdays are pretty busy anyway! Apparently there will be "a party-like atmosphere"...

Got an email announcing this. Is anyone brave enough to try it? I've heard Saturdays are pretty busy anyway! Apparently there will be "a party-like atmosphere"...

A party atmosphere could just mean everyone going crazy trying to grap bargains.

ha ha! ;) I'd say you'd be taking your life in your hands! god knows we all love a real bargain but... I'm certainly not that brave

Typical - I went up to it last Saturday ! :rolleyes: Must say I was surprised at how "Unbusy" it was - I was there from 1:30 to 4:30pm .. maybe that's why they are having a sale ! I loved it though - can't wait until it comes to Dublin.

Aparently its extremely quiet a lot of the time - maybe its a sign of changing times. If the Belfast one is not doing well they may not want to push ahead with the dublin one.

In the spirit of accepting a challenge, I decided to go yesterday. I've become a bit addicted to Ikea but have never been at the weekend. On a weekday it's grand (and I love the free tea and coffee) but still busy enough.

I got there about 8.30 am in time to snag a cheap bed. Just as well as things like that were snapped up quickly. They were having a bit of trouble with stock levels for certain goods because the event was mistakenly advertised for the Friday and Ikea decided to honour that and opened from 6am - midnight with 21% off both days (take note Aer Lingus).

I got great bargains and it was fun, albeit exhausting.

It seemed that half of Dublin was there. I overheard one couple on the brink of divorce arguing over why Ikea prices were so low :)

If the lovely Mullingar man who lent me a bicycle lock for the lock-ups is out there, please get in touch - I owe you a favour!

Back