if mechanic can't fix problem do you still have to pay

mprsv1000

Hi there

Dropped my bike into garage as it was cutting out when I came to a stop, 2 days later had call to collect bike as it was working fine, got taxi from work paid 250 euro rode down the road and at first light bike cuts out same problem no improvement, back to shop they said they had cleaned out carbs etc but would have another look, bike still there 2 weeks later and no better off they said they have been working on it for ages

so legally am I liable for costs as I want the bike back to take else where and they will be looking for a fair bit of dosh???????

Basically I'm already 250 down and bike exactly the same

Two weeks in a second attempt to fix original problem and still not sorted..and you €250 poorer, I would be looking to get my bike back first and then perhaps sending a solicitors letter seeking a refund.

Is this bike in good condition otherwise or is it PISBD? :D

Two weeks in a second attempt to fix original problem and still not sorted..and you €250 poorer, I would be looking to get my bike back first and then perhaps sending a solicitors letter seeking a refund.

Is this bike in good condition otherwise or is it PISBD? :D

runs perfect once your on the go will happly reach top speed (1100cc) so can't believe they cant find the problem

I would expect to pay for labour.......... 'fair's fair'.

If this was a a solicitor problem, you would be told that the work was done even if the outcome isn't to your liking ( which I agree with BTW).

Next time, choose a better mechanic;)

Some problems are a nighmtare to chase down.

We have all beeen caught with them at some time

Although maybe the mechanic is rubbish and charging for his time anyway.

Get him to justiy his time.

Unfortunately I wouldl say unless you agreed no fix no fee then his time on the bike is chargable.

Back