IE7 problems

Ash

I recently downloaded IE7 and have found several things about it I don't like.
One is the fact that I dont seem to be able to copy and paste from the address bar. The address bar is now above the Yahoo tool bar which holds the copy & paste and other facilities.
Is there a simple way around this? Is it something I'm doing wrong?

It is annoying. I'm sorry that I bothered to download IE7 which I did only because I kept getting a prompt everytime I logged on. The onscreen layout is poor.

Also, it seems I can no longer right click on the "back" arrow to see a list of previous pages and/or return to those pages by clicking on that list.

For my uses, it seems I made a bad choice with IE7.

I'm using Windows XP.

Last edited:
I recently downloaded IE7 and have found several things about it I don't like.
One is the fact that I dont seem to be able to copy and paste from the address bar.
Works fine for me.
The address bar is now above the Yahoo tool bar which holds the copy & paste and other facilities.
Maybe because I deliberately don't use the Yahoo toolbar?
I'm sorry that I bothered to download IE7 which I did only because I kept getting a prompt everytime I logged on. The onscreen layout is poor.
I'm not mad about it either but use FireFox anyway except where I need IE for certain sites (e.g. Windows Update). Why not uninstall it and revert to IE6 although that may be even less secure than IE7.

It's better and more secure than version 6 - you will get used to it.

Also, it seems I can no longer right click on the "back" arrow to see a list of previous pages and/or return to those pages by clicking on that list.

I don't experience any of your problems either as I don't have any call for the Yahoo! toolbar? In any event, you can add search engines over in the top right hand corner. I must say that I now prefer it over Firefox but do use both interchangeably.

As for the back and forward buttons, there is a little black 'down' arrow beside these buttons, which, when clicked will show previously visited pages...

Tallpaul, thanks for the practical information. Found the list!
I did take a longer look around the screen and have found some of the things I was "missing". It's always the same, isn't it, when you move something, you can no longer find it!
E.g. the copy and paste is now in the drop down menu labelled "page", to the right of the toolbar. The tabs thing is pretty cool too. Perhaps I was too hasty in my original opinion.
Thanks as ever for your help.