IE freezing page when loading askaboutmoney

polly2000

When loading askaboutmoney it freezes up at the point when it gets to loading the paypal button, it says 2 items left to load.
The problem started when I upgraded my Norton subscription
It will load eventually but only after 3 attempts.

Any idea what is going on?

Had the exact same problem myself for a few weeks - but when I upgraded my Norton's again (add on pack) the problem disappeared.

Thanks caveat. I've only just upgraded NIS 2007 with add on too so guess I'm going to have to wait until I upgrade again next year :(

Had the exact same problem myself for a few weeks - but when I upgraded my Norton's again (add on pack) the problem disappeared.

Why not get rid of Norton and use some equally effective free security tools? See the "clean PC" thread.

I can't be certain it was due to Norton's in my case - the beginning of the problem didn't coincide with any change to my AV or settings - but the problem was resolved when I was advised of, and downloaded, a free 'add on' pack from them - it might be just coincidence, I really don't know.

But the consensus seems to be that you would be better off with an alternative to Norton's anyway.

Or run Ubuntu or the like on your existing "Wintel" platform? But recommending a complete Operating System/platform switch for a problem such as that described originally is a bit drastic.

I had similar intermittent problems when using Norton. After my most recent Norton subscription was up, I switched to AVG and have had no problems since (but I also switched to firefox instead of IE). The installation of AVG was a bit hairy, though, on a multi-user PC!

do not use Norton. I've lost count of the times I've come across it causing all kinds of problems.

I've made some changes which should fix this issue (although the problem wasn't really with AAM.).

We were fetching some files from PayPal's servers. Sometimes the PayPal servers have problems. I've moved the files onto the AAM server instead.

Back