Idocy in the Apprentice

dtlyn

Just caught the repeat last night, what a shower of idiots!

I can't believe one of these lads will end up on 100k.

I wonder will they though or is it just a reality TV show these days? Yes I agree the mind does boggle at some of the stuff they do. I think the one that owns the bridal shop (Brenda Shanahan, following some googling) is the most business savvy. The others with their sales and "morkeshing" backgrounds are mainly useless.

That said, selling expensive comsumer on the side of a street is not easy in recession times.

Even if they targeted Glendlough - who a person out for a walk be carrying sufficent cash and credit cards.

Yeah, it was a poor episode. Can't see how they were expected to flog expensive electronics over a weekend. If I was Garmin I wouldn't have been too impressed, cheapens the brand to have you product sold at car boot sales!

Bill Cullen would have been more credible if he had been able to give them a idea on how the task should have been dealt with. But he didn't. He just went on about how disappointed he was and gave no indication of how he would have done better. Running the task over a weekend was in my opinion a little ridiculous and I think that Garmin made a mistake letting their product be sold so unprofessionally.

I reckon Garmin are kicking themselves that they ever became involved in such a sham!!

A sat nav is not an impluse purchase - especially the new high end ones. Most people will do some research before they buy.

I couldn't believe that Bill was saying they should have gone out to Glendalough, even though they were told by the authorities they would not be allowed to sell !
Bill also mentioned selling door to door....I would definately NOT buy something like this from someone knocking on my door.

Not really liking the Irish version - the amount of product placement is ridiculous & the calibre of the candidates is laughable !

Bill said last week that 3,000 people applied. If this shower are the best of them, I despair for humanity.

I noticed that Joanna was on the TV3 news last night discussing the recession with Vincent Browne. I really do despair.

Last Monday's show was a low point of many previous lows. Apart from Brenda Shanahan who is employable, the rest of them are gormless idiots. My money though is on the guy who almost finished shaving except for the little bit on his lower lip -- he kisses Bill Cullen's ass more effectively than the others.
As for the Garmin debacle, they could have gone to a car club meet or cruise, or put the stuff up on ebay, or done almost anything other than wandering aimlessly around Dunlaoghaire. They could have gone door to door in some muiddle class areas, preceeded with a leaflet drop. They could also have targeted any women's group meeting with a pitch of the perfect present for any petrolhead man. They could have done lots of things that would have had a better chance of success than what they did. I agree that it was a tricky task though, and Bill noticably didn't suggest as to how he would have done it.

My money though is on the guy who almost finished shaving except for the little bit on his lower lip -- he kisses Bill Cullen's ass more effectively than the others.
They could have done lots of things that would have had a better chance of success than what they did. I agree that it was a tricky task though, and Bill noticably didn't suggest as to how he would have done it.

I actually dont know all the names but is he the one the big lips - good job I suppose cos he does a lot of sucking (up).

I agree that the task was hard and thought Bill would have told them something very obvious they missed like a car show but no.

Brenda is logical and is probably perfectly suited to running a small business in a country town. I am not sure that she would want to become more like Bill.
The two guys that are left are employable, one would be good at Sales and the other would be good at going in to parts of Bill's company and 'right-sizing' them. The others are beyond useless.
Bill is 151st on the Sunday Times Rich List for Ireland, if you have a look through the top 150, the production company must have run up some phone bill looking for a business person before they got to Bill!

Despite - the product placement - I am enjoying the series.

Irish people are better suited to fight their coner in the boardroom.

Joanna was good on the Vincent Browne Show.

muck, pure and simple.

No-one on that show has any reason to be earning €100k+. Everyone is full of praise in the boardroom (ah shure they're a agreat project lead...whaddya mean we lost...oh it was the project leads fault)

Mr Penny Apples himself comes across like a thundering buffoon.
'Oi devoized dis tassk meeself, so oi did"...well anyone who gives 600 Garmin units to be sold on the street is a muppet...as he says himself, It's a long way from penny apples at Croker to €200 Sat Navs.

To much cozying up too, Supermacs, DAA, Garmin, IEEE...what's next, Bertie needs a dig out...see how much money you can raise ?!?

Alan Sugar must be having a great laugh...as for the Donald...He must be scratching that rug of his and wondering how the hell we had a Celtic Tiger!

Back