idiot does u-turn in the Port Tunnel

Saw this on the Primetime program last week.....just couldn't believe what I was seeing!

It didn't look too bad.
I've seen far more dangerous driving (death wish overtaking mainly). Maybe I should try filming some of it.

It didn't look too bad.
I've seen far more dangerous driving (death wish overtaking mainly). Maybe I should try filming some of it.

Leghorn - each bore of the tunnel is one way, so if someone does a U-turn they are driving the wrong way along a duel carriageway.

Leghorn - each bore of the tunnel is one way, so if someone does a U-turn they are driving the wrong way along a duel carriageway.
I was trying to work that out. It looked as if traffic was flowing both ways along that stretch of road (well apart from the person doing the U turn)

I was trying to work that out. It looked as if traffic was flowing both ways along that stretch of road (well apart from the person doing the U turn)

Well, 'idiot driver' was going both ways on that road

The tunnel is two lanes north-bore and two lanes south-bore. Another few seconds and he/she could have been 'flowing' all over the road !!

how come the cameras cant pick up the number plate and the driver get done....surely the picture quality on new cameras must be that good
or maybe they have and we have'nt heard about it yet....doubt that though

If you read the comment above the video, it does say the guy was sent a summons for dangerous driving.

If you read the comment above the video, it does say the guy was sent a summons for dangerous driving.

He should have been banned from driving for 10 years or life ! Just imagine the damage he could have caused, not only to property but to life.