Ideas on selling car privately for a quick sale!

blueshoes

Whats the best way to sell a car privately? How should i go about pricing it?

Im looking into putting it on carzone,with good pics etc. Is this worth the €30?

Or would i be better parking it on a roadside somewhere with a for sale sign?

Also whats the best method of payment when selling privately?
I know there was a thread here a while ago but I cant find it
Does anyone think that the garage that I bought it at might try and sell it for me if I gave them a few bob?
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Last edited:
It's unlikely a garage will buy it from you.
Personally I've found carzone.ie to be the best method.
Best to get a bank draft.

Make sure the car is spotless, and serviced. Ensure everything works 100%. Repair dents, scrapes etc.

Take good photos. Using Carzone is a good idea.

Look at similar cars on Carzone, CBG, and Autotrader. For a quick sale price maybe 5-10% below them.

Thanks for the replys.

I think i will put it on carzone, its actually in the garage getting serviced at the mo. The nct is up on it soon. Should i get it nct'd or leave it for the buyer to do? It was only nct'd last november as it was an english reg car.

I thought i saw on here something about how people can make fake bank drafs? would i be better looking for cash? i know this is a bit mad but i dont wanna get ripped of!

Cheers!

Surely u can get a better price after the NCT

i would take Bank draft rather than large amount of cash,
theres a risk the cash can be fake as well.
do ask the buyer for a utility bill for reasurrance.
if the person buyingis looking for a quick buy, do be a little cautious about it.

Yep. NCT it. A fresh bill of health is a good selling point.

Bank draft is in many ways safer than a ball of cash. If someone is coming to buy a car with a draft ask them the details in advance, and verify those with the issuing bank.