Ideas for mobile service providers with best wifi calling

Mahario

Hi all,

I live in an area with very poor mobile reception & we're due to get Fibre broadband soon (next month or so). We previously had a vodafone suresignal that was perfect but the unit gave up the ghost after 3 yrs and they don't offer them anymore.

Ideally when joining fixed line broadband we can hopefully we get some of package including a mobile line (Eir, for example). Right now, we have imagine 4g broadband which works okay but lets us down quite a bit too -- can't wait to say goodbye to those theives tbh (customer service/support is non-existent).

Issue here is we have 2 teenagers that could be on pay as you go (or sim only) but typcially wifi calling is restricted to bill pay plans starting at about 40e/month which is a bit much just to be able to make & take calls at home however its a necessity since they need to be reachable & be able to contact others if they are at home.

We have:
*1 Mom currently under recent vodafone contract (would be willing to break it if it all worked out fine)
*1 Dad with work phone (for some bizarre reason 'Enterprise' are typically excluded from vodafone wifi calling) but I'd take a PAYG option to be make calls at home
*1 older teenager on vodfone bill pay to maintain wifi calling (out of contract)
*1 younger teenager on vodafone PAYG but lacks wifi calling

So if anyone has researched this before, let me know. Also have considered mobile phone signal repeater but unsure about reliability of the equipment and I don't want to go replacing a cheap-made piece of rubbish every year after being left down at a critical time (they way it will always happen).

Thanks for reading :)

--Jamie

Have a look at the Vodafone red family packages. Put all of them on a single account, and you can get Red Plus for free for the kids.

I posted too soon.
Red Plus isn't on the list of Vodafone packages where WiFi calling is available, but I'd check with them. Still worth looking at the Red Family, and getting a 20 euro discount on the cheapest plans where it's available.

Eir also support WiFi calling, but not on Gomo.

No support available yet from Three.

Eir mobile packages are often better value than Vodafone mobile packages.

May not be what your family are after but ... Eir offer 100 MB broadband, unlimited sim-only mobile with WiFi calling for 50 EUR per month for the first 12 months.

Back