Ideas for honeymoon in October?

Newbie!

Hi,

we will be going on honeymoon next October and at the weekend we priced about 12 days in Tanzania (8days safari and 4 days in Zanzibar). We would be staying at comfort level so lodges all the way with a nice hotel at the end. The camping dates dont really work with our dates. The total price is about €7000 incl. flights, transfers, accommodation, food, safari trip and all park fees. I've always wanted to have a honeymoon that was a one-off and something we might never afford or do again. However, €7000 is alot of money and would mean spending every rex we own! If you were us would you do this and if not, where would you recommend instead?

Would appreciate any thoughts here...

thanks

Research your own trip and you could save a lot by booking it yourselves. Check Kayak.com for flights.

7K sounds a lot for that safari/zanzibar. Try Exodus.co.uk for info and more prices. We done the kenya safari part for about 1300 sterling a couple of years back, again all inclusive. I'm all about booking everything myself, but for a safari its best to leave it to a company, especially for Kenya/Tanzania where you're not allowed to bring your own cars into the parks unlike South Africa.

Sorry, I should break down the prices for this trip:

Safari: 1300 each
Flights: 1200 each
Internal Flights: 130 each
Hotel in Zanzibar: 600 each
I guess the rest is Trailfinders commission etc.

The Caribbean??

7K will go very very far that side and weather will be perfect too.

We are heading (Cuba probably) in Nov '09 after first researching pretty much your exact honeymoon we decided the cost was crazy.

We did an Alaskan cruise for a week and then a week in the Rockies, got the train down to Vancouver and stayed there for a few days. Didn't think I'd like the cruise, (wife wanted to do it) but found I really did, I'd recommend getting a cabin with a balcony and don't book it via a travel agent, much better deals to be found online. Alaska is stunning

The food in Cuba is awful, but if you are going there try immerse yourself in the life and culture of the place, that's well worth doing. If you're going for an all inclusive thing dont bother with Cuba, weather can be very average and windy, food even in 5 star places struggles to be even average,

Thanks for all the replies. After alot of looking, I think we're coming back to sometihng which we considered a while back. The Trans Siberian Railway trip. Ideally I'd like to do the trip from Moscow to Beijing and then spend some time in China. Can anyone offer any firsthand advice on this? ie. who to book with, which trains stop and overnight in some places and which are pretty much straight travel etc.

thanks.

Back