Ideas for engagement present

Mers1

Hi all,

Need help on ideas for an engagement present for two very good friends. Would like something a little different to mark the occasion, however the brain is not working like it should and I have been unable to come up with anything worthwhile.#

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I gave a really nice painting to a couple of friends who got engaged. My view is that it's something that they'll keep forever rather than giving them something that would only gather dust.

I think that the hot air baloon ride is a great idea too!

Yachtie got there before me! A painting is always a good engagement / wedding present. Adams are having a sale of 18th and 19th century Irish and UK art next week with some really nice paintings that have reasonable reserves (from €50 upwards). Depending on your budget you can get them something really unique. Online catalougue on www.adams.ie

Only get a painting if you are sure that you know their tastes in art.

how about a voucher for a posh restaurant?
we went into save and scrimp mode saving for the wedding and we really never dined out much the 1.5 years we were engaged.
failing that maybe a high end picnic set from house of Frasier or John Lewis . Its something they would have for their romantic weekends on budget!

Hello,

We were given a Newbridge silverware photo album with our names engraved on it... we then used it as one of our wedding albums. It sounds fairly tacky but it was actually a really nice gift. See it on the website at [broken link removed]

Depends on your budget and how close your friends are of course but I would reckon a bottle of champagne is the easiest option. I wouldn't get into proper presents myself cos then you've used up your good ideas for the wedding present..! For most of my mates I didn't even bother with engagement presents but then that's a boy thing probably