Ideas for a surprise 70th party

Sparki74

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little bit of help - a party is being organised for my mum in law who is celebrating her 70th this summer. As it will be a surprise, she's not aware of it. The plan is to invite around 100 people to a venue, and have food, possible BBQ.

The thing about this woman is that she's very popular, and is a bit of a classy chick in her own little way, so I'd know she would not like too much tack. I know of someone who went to a 70's party in England and everyone had a colour theme of burgandy, but I'm unaware if that colour was randomnly picked or that it is the proper colour for a 70th. Therfore I would be grateful if you could tell me if there are colour themes for a 70th birthday (could find nothing on the web), and any other ideas you can come up with. Do you know or have come accross any incidential entertainers also who could mingle etc....

Thanks for your help :)

Make sure her heart is in good shape before you firm up on the 'surprise' approach.

Not sure if burgundy specifically applies to 70th parties but it's a nice rich colour to have as a theme.

Some other ideas - caricature artist, magician, 1930's theme - have seen details for party entertainers on the weddingsonline.ie website, so they may be of some help...

Back