Idea for activies for a small group of tourists coming to Dublin?

polo1

Hi
I have been contacted by a colleague who informs me that his wife is taking a delegation of people to Dublin for a week.

Looking for some advise on the following please

Good Pubs in Dublin
- good, yet affordable dining
- anything exciting in terms of current evening activities (theater, guided nighttime walks, you name it...)

which may be worth a visit and which are suitable for a group of five, ten,

Appreciate the help.

Re: Idea for activies for a small group of tourists coming to Dub?

Hi,

Horse Racing is fantastic, can be really great fun, and all Course's around Dublin have hospitality available, so dependent on the date you could possibly have a day out at Leopardstown / Punchestown / Fairyhouse, racing at the Curragh is nearly finished for the year.

Theatre can be fantastic too, The Gate for example with a pre-theatre meal at Chapter One, ot the Abbey with a pop across the road after for a bag of Tayto and drinks to the Flowing Tide?

M

For a day time activity check out Croke Park - my inlaws went to the mueseum there and were amazed - my mother in law is no fottie fanatic either!

How about the . I have never taken it but I have been in pubs when the groups arrived and it looks like it's great craic.

How about the . I have never taken it but I have been in pubs when the groups arrived and it looks like it's great craic.

~Yeah I have brought a few friends from abroad on this and people seem to really enjoy it as I do. Would recommend it its very popular too in my experience.

Thank you all so much for this helpful information - It is very much appreciated.

The hop-on hop-off bus tour of Dublin goes down well, even with us natives!

Dublinia (at Christchurch Cathedral) is a good exhibition.

What about greyhound racing - combine dinner and the dogs at Shelbourne Park?

Dublin Bus run sightseeing tours - including a "ghost tour" in the evening. Have a look at their [broken link removed] for info.

For city centre eating, I like Cassidy's Hotel on Cavendish Row (across from the Gate theatre) - there's pub grub and a restaurant, both serving good food at ok prices.

Great food at The Fire Restaurant
Web: www.firerestuarant.ie

We often take visitors to Johnnie Foxes and they really enjoy the craic
Web: www.jfp.ie

A day tour to Glendalough

The 2007 Open House Dublin event is on from Friday to Sunday this week - full details at [broken link removed]

a walk in the phoenix park,maybe up near the pope's cross, herds of wild deer roaming around, fantastic!

there is a ghost type walk starts at dublin castle gates i think everynight at 8 we went from work it was great craic theguide is dressed up as various characters

also did the dublin bus ghost tour was great fun,

The Dublin Hop-on Hop-off tour is good, as is the Viking Splash Tour. And also as others have said, the Dublin Ghost Bus. Just make sure you book in advance, cos the night we did it we were lucky to have done so as there was a notice on the door "fully booked" and loads of tourists still queueing to go and no more buses.

This page should give you a lot of ideas:

[broken link removed]

and this:

[broken link removed]

and this:

http://www.dublintourist.com/directory/places_to_visit/