ICE (In Case of Emergency) entry on your mobile phone

ajapale

Our Local Credit Union is encouraging an ICE campaign.

I think this involves putting emergency contacts on your mobile ICE1 ICE2 etc and also carrying a card.

What to AAMers think?

I think this started in the US. Paramedics came up with the idea having come across many incidents where the casualty was not in a position to give contact details for person to notify.
My family and I have ICE1 etc in our contacts on our mobile phones. May make life a bit easier for the emergency services.

the only thing is with most mobiles if you have a number in twice it then doesnt supply the caller id so it just shows the number, which is fairly annoying, and then if you jsut have them in as ice, well thats failry annoying too, sorry guys but the paramedics will just have to call through my entire phone book to find someone that will help also good thing my other halves name starts with A

Sounds like too much common sense to work in this Country!

I agree with Addob.

It's really annoying to see my brother's name come up as ICE so I deleted it and would hope the paramedics scroll through my phone and give everyone I know the bad news !!!

I have my ICE number in as *087nnnnnnn* - that way you cant actually ring the ICE number from the handset as its surrounded by asterix's, but if emergency services look in my phone they will find the number easily - i didnt like the persons number showing as ICE when they phoned or texted me.

Why cant you store the name as ICE(brother) or ICE(Dad)..so you know whos calling you?Or is that too simple?

Was going to do this until I heard of a friend's phone being stolen and the thief ringing the victim's ICE number and telling them their daughter was dead. Sick joke!

Back