Ice broadband - Recommend?

Stevo2006

Hi all,

I have finally got an answer to getting broadband by the above. Now i have read on other forums that they used to deliver a great service but a few months ago the service has deteriorated somewhat but the last post i can see is from about a month ago so was wondering if the service picked up again.

Has anyone used these guys and if so what is the service like?

I did have a rep in my house and she has said that she has had no complaints so far and even gave me her mobile number in case of any problems. I should say that i'm in the Athy/Carlow area.

Thanks all.

I've been with Ice for almost 2 years now (only option available to me), service was dire for last quarter of 2006 but has since improved. Most days ISP Speed Test is above 1Mbps on a 2Mbps connection. Not saying it's a perfect service, but on the whole it's better than dialup for me. I'm connecting via the mast in Maynooth.

I would expect so Clubman but would she leave me her mobile number if she thought i was going to be complaining to her 24/7??????
We had the mobile number of one of the Irish Broadband sales reps and it didn't do us much good when we very frequently had problems with their service. In fact he eventually got annoyed with us having the nerve to bother him and more or less told us so!

That'll do me!!

Stevo2006; said:
I would expect so Clubman but would she leave me her mobile number if she thought i was going to be complaining to her 24/7??????

I was being harrassed by eircom 2 weeks ago for 3 weeks. I then got tired of it and deliberately asked for a name and number. She said her name was Susanne (how authentic, especially as she had an Australian accent. Maybe coincidence?) and she said she had no sir-name. Then I just ignored her calls...and promply decided that ignorance is bliss