ICB report shows GE Money (Debenhams Card) 1 month in arrears/missed. Effect on Mort

ziltwo

I am hoping that someone can give me a bit of advise.

I opened a Debenhams store card back in December 2008 which is GE money.

I didnt go mad on it thank God, but found it useful at times.

Anyway my problem is that I am applying for a Mortgage at the moment and my broker advised me to get a ICB report on myself.

It arrived yesterday and GE money has put me down as one month in arrears going back to February, which is paid in full now.

My problem now is that my broker is telling me that it may stop me from getting a mortgage.

I rang GE money's head office in Dublin, and asked was there ever arrears on my account, and I was told no and he advised me to write to their place in Shannon, which I have done today.

My question is can this prevent me from getting a mortgage

L

Re: Ge money

I'm a bit confused as to whether there was or wasn't arrears - if there wasn't you are entitled to have the error corrected at the ICB.

Sorry for the confusion.. yes failed to pay one month until I got a reminder statement for approx €50 .. but what is alarming for me is the fact that because they put it up on the ICB it may prevent me from getting a mortgage... and also they didnt seem to put out when I rang the dublin office, as they said my records are showing no arrears in the past...

You might as well be up front about the slip up in any mortgage application( underwriters will pick up on it anyway looking at the ICB record ) and say it was a genuine mistake - if everything else is in order maybe you might get away with it. The worst they can do is refuse you.

Re: ICB report shows GE Money (Debenhams Card) 1 month in arrears/missed. Effect on M

thanks for your feedback deniuvre... its one card I will never be using again .. I would hate to think that I would be refused for 50 euro.. whats the world coming too...
L

Re: ICB report shows GE Money (Debenhams Card) 1 month in arrears/missed. Effect on M

Its not really about arrears, what points do you have?

Institutions go on the point systems, a €50 arrear isn't gonna effect it much.

Institutions go on the point systems, a €50 arrear isn't gonna effect it much.

well the report dosent show the amount that I was in arrears for .. when they checked me out back in December 2008 I had a rating of almost 500 points... but my broker said that any arrears especially from GE Money is bad news....

500 points is good, I'm sure you'd have no problem based on that.

thanks smashbox I hope not, just wish my broker was more optamistic
zil

You could always call ICB and tell them the situation too, can't hurt at all

Institutions go on the point systems

Not all of them do. Some of them don't request a CBS score at all ! See [broken link removed].

Thank you all for your feedback..hopefully all will be ok...
zil