ICB - how long can it take?

B

brainlessare

I send a letter to the ICB with a check for the fee on the 8st of this month and it was delivered (Swiftmail) on the 9st.

Up to now I have not received a reply from them and I can not get anything else than a voicemail when I call them.

Neither has the check been presented to my account.

What is the usual time they need to respond?

Thanks for the help.

/Sven

It took about 2-3 weeks for them to come back to me.
The cheque didn't hit my account for months.
they're obviously not short of cash :)

Give them until early next month, then drop them a letter.

-Rd

Re: ICB

I requested mine a copule of months ago, and it took about two weeks for them to reply.

Speak of the devil and he will be there

Well this morning I received a message on my voicemail asking me to call the ICB on a number that did not show with caller id nor shows on their webpage.

I called them and she only answered with "Yes" after confirming she is really in the ICB she told me, that "you have forgotten several previous addresses, please confirm you lived at.."

I told her, sorry but I came to Ireland 16 month ago and definetly did not live there. She said, but that is impossible, you came 6 years ago. Kind of accusing tone of voice.

I told her, I can prove when I came and am happy to give it to her, but she said, she is going to send me a copy of the file in about 1-3 days.

So I guess the record is going to reflect some funny entries and I prepare for what ever they bring on.

Kind of strange how they work.

I am used to online access to the major credit bureaus in my home country , wonder if that ever will come over here.

/Sven

Re: Q

ICB = Irish Credit Bureau = repository of much information relating to an individuals financial history over the last 5 years.

Many of the banks and other institutions are members and request a copy of your record before agreeing to give people a loan or credit for example.

z

Back