ICB HIT Incorrect data

• Thread starter unregistered
  • Start date
U

unregistered

Hi All,

I have recieved a credit report and it states that thebalance amount was 1823.79 and a payment profile of 0 which means its in debt.

It states bank of ireland on it and it happeneed on 21/11/02.

I did not have any loan from BOI at that time how do i get this stricken off my record as i want to buy property abroad and i have gotten refused and i presume it is because of this.
What should i do to get this sorted ?
No equity in ireland.

Thanks..

Contact ICB and tell them they are holding incorrect data - they are required to correct it, but you will obviously have to fill in forms and things to swear/certify the facts.

z

See here for some information on correcting your ICB records if necessary:

The holding and/or use of incorrect information is an issue covered by the Data Protection Act which provdes a legal remedy for instances such as yours.

While I'm unaware of the exact provision, the holder of information is obliged to correct it once the matter has been brought to ther attention - or else!

> While I'm unaware of the exact provision, the holder of information is obliged to correct it once the matter has been brought to ther attention - or else!

Data Protection Act, 1988

[broken link removed]

or else

I have read that if you lose money based on the content in ur file u can redeem it ??

Is this true ?

I am in a bad enough situation i have forked out 25% of a foreign property to buy and there is a clause in it that says i will lose 5% (5% of entire purchase price) if i do not go through with the purchase.

I know the above wasnt very smart but i only got the provision down to 5% from 20% as thats just the way they do business.
Essentially my mortgage was approved in principle before i went over however this has caused the bank to go back on there offer. Speaking with my bank they have said it is kind of there fault that my account is in good order and always has been ..

Anyone been in this sort of situation...

Re: or else

I have read that if you lose money based on the content in ur file u can redeem it ??
I'd have thought this would be quite difficult. You'd have to take a case against the bank that provided the incorrect data and/or the ICB and prove negligence on their part, which would be no mean feat. There is no 'automatic' right to redeem money lost in such circumstances.

Back