ICB/ CCR Issue

EKC124

Just looking for advice regarding repeated errors of a loan that was settled 10 years ago that keeps reappearing on CCR and on the ICB initially despite 3 complaints since 2017. Error is corrected and then it reappears again , wondering is Financial services ombudsman must practical next step? It has interfered with mortgage application and credit applications so just need to get it sorted.

If an institution incorrectly reports you on the ICB / CCR , they must be in the wrong, especially if the wrongful reporting of you results or impacts your ability to get credit from other institutions. Surely, they must be held accountable for this.

ICB ceased it's credit reference services on 1/10/2021. Customers or Lenders haven't had access to the ICB for credit reference purposes since then.

If an institution incorrectly reports you on the ICB / CCR , they must be in the wrong, especially if the wrongful reporting of you results or impacts your ability to get credit from other institutions. Surely, they must be held accountable for this.
Well there seems to be a basic problem here, if the debt was settled 10 years ago there would be no reason for the financial institution to continue tracking it, if on the other hand it was just written off, then that is. different matter. So the first step would be to establish the facts. If they fixed the issue and are not reporting it again there must be some serious error on their files that needs to be corrected.

Well there seems to be a basic problem here, if the debt was settled 10 years ago there would be no reason for the financial institution to continue tracking it, if on the other hand it was just written off, then that is. different matter. So the first step would be to establish the facts. If they fixed the issue and are not reporting it again there must be some serious error on their files that needs to be corrected.
Debt was settled (I have all the paperwork off same) but was being recorded as a write off with outstanding balance-only came to my attention in 2017 when it affected a mortgage application, bank corrected ICB record at this point, 2021 personal loan refused due to information held on the Central Credit register I ran a credit check and saw the same loan was being recorded as a write off again. Lodged another complaint and they corrected my profile again and a €200 goodwill gesture was given fast forward 12 months and it is now appearing again. I am just wondering what’s the best course of action seeing as this the third formal complaint in relation to the same error on a closed loan account

If this has interfered with loan and mortgage applications, leading to your having been exposed to loss and/or inconvenience, then (loath as I am to recommend this route) a Solicitor’s letter is in order. One mistake is forgivable, but if this is the third time you’ve been exposed to this error, the bank needs to be formally put on notice of your displeasure. Moreover, if a settled debt is being recorded as a write-off, this is potentially defamatory. (I’m presuming that the debt was settled in accordance with the terms of the credit agreement, on time and in full).

Just an update, my complaint has been upheld by the bank, they have apologized it was due to an error on the banks system again- they have offered €500 in compensation I don’t think this is adequate given it’s the third complaint for the same error just wondering what peoples views are on this?

How much are you out of pocket?
Is it more or less than the €500 (+ €200 previously?) offered?

Back