ibis city center hotel liverpool

coleen

hi 4 of us are heading to liverpool for a weekend in feburary and I am thinking of booking the ibis city centre location, has anyone any experience of this hotel or any advice on another option. We will be arriving late on fri around 10.30pm so would like to be in a location where there are a few bars and resturants around for a night out. Can you recommend an area with a few bars for night out, we wont be into clubbing but would like a bit of music. thanks in advance

We stayed in the Holiday Inn in Liverpool. It's right across the road from a main train station and a stop for the airport bus. It's above a shopping centre and might look a bit dodgy but you can walk to all locations in the city. Also right beside main bus stops for everwhere including Anfield. Hotel itself is lovely and staff were super helpful.

A mate of mine heads over quite often to see Liverpool play and always stays in The Marriott.....Great location and STG£70 per night seemingly !

Premier Travel Inn is another good option, rite in the centre of the things too, or you could also try the Travellodge which is spack bang in the centre of the city

The Ibis is near enough to the city center. there is an airport bus stop nearby which is handy. The hotel is opposite the albert dock, which is a nice area for bars and restaurants (the albert dock has its own website). I would say there is a 30 minute walk to the city center or you could take the bus.

Trip Advisor review of the Ibis here:

Premier Travel Inn is the top rated on the site:

hi I must have left it very late to book the ibis plus the travel lodge and the premier inn all fully booked but i did get a mini suite in the marriott which can accomadate 4 for 110 sterling so this seem ok it looks like a nice hotel. thanks for all the replies

Hope it's the Marriott City Center you booked and not Marriott South - there are two 'in' Liverpool.